Having a good email list is critical to any business, but especially B2B companies. The buying cycle is so long that communicating with prospects and leads via email is almost always the best way to stay on their radar. Just check out these stats about email marketing:
- Over 50% of people say they read most of their emails (HubSpot).
- In 2014, email marketing was cited as the most effective digital marketing channel for customer retention in the United States. (eMarketer).
- 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for generating revenue. (BtoB Magazine)
- 73% of marketers agree that email is core to their business. (Marketing Cloud)
- 20% of marketers say their business’ primary revenue source is directly linked to email operations. (Marketing Cloud)
Credit: Marketing Cloud
It’s clear that in order to succeed, B2B companies need to have a good email list, and need to understand how to mine it for profits. Here are five ways to do that.