Last week, I attended a training workshop about copywriting opportunities on the Web. AWAI’s Web Copy Intensive was held in Austin, Texas. Some of the leading working experts in the world of Internet marketing taught 60 attendees the ins and outs of seven top copywriting formats used today.
The instructors were:
- Nick Usborne — web copywriter extraordinaire
- Ryan Deiss — master of online sales funnels
- Gary Hennerberg — a top expert in email marketing
- Brian York — a recognized leader in Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads
- Brian Clark — founder of Copyblogger (now Rainmaker Digital)
- Jon Morrow — one of the most successful bloggers in the world
- Pam Foster — certified SEO copywriter and web page optimization guru
Along with six Copy Chiefs, these experts provided guidance to the attendees in actual web copywriting projects. We didn’t just learn about writing for the Web. We experienced it through hands-on training.
This included some actual copywriting opportunities for real clients. And at the end of the seminar, the winners of several Spec Assignments were awarded cash rewards.
Even though I’ve written for the Web for several years, I learned much about the current state of the industry. I was exposed to new ideas and concepts, as well as up-to-date info on what’s working on the Internet today.
Here are three of my top takeaways from this event.